MILL CREEK MEETING
Mill Creek continues to offer a peaceful oasis for worship and a faith community in the busy 21st century. Members met in homes from 1838 until the Meeting house was built in 1841. The 1.25 acre grounds were given to the male members and include a horse or “upping block” and a strangers’ row in the graveyard. Weekly Meeting for Worship was held until 1915 after which Friends met once a month. By 1930, only an annual meeting was held, but in 1954 the meeting was reopened and now holds a weekly meeting.
Location: 1140 Doe Run Road, Newark, DE 19711.
Time of Worship on Sunday: 10:30 AM.