Meetings were discontinued here in 1939, but were started again a few years ago by some interested Friends and are held each First Day at 9:30 AM, in addition to an Annual Meeting on the second Sunday of September. The first meeting place of Kennett Monthly Meeting Orthodox was the octagonal school at the village of Parkersville. By 1830 they had found a lot to purchase and subscriptions in the amount of $722.50 were collected to finance the building of a Meetinghouse. Friends moved into the new Meetinghouse in 1831. A fire in November 1917 destroyed the flooring, rafters and roof but the benches were saved by neighbors who rushed to the scene. The spark came from leaves that were being burned. The building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Location: 1232 Parkersville Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348
Contact: Dale Frens
For a special handout on Parkersville Meetinghouse, click here.